Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tomorrow's Dirge


I heard tomorrow’s dirge today,
and passed it through my ear
It was the blackest tone, to which
black shades could not compare
I was steadfast through crescendos
at the peak of day’s decrease,
but I shattered, when the eulogists
spun grayscale frequencies.

The mourners, suffering silently,
in consonance, and I
felt spirits quake beneath the ground,
and passion rock the sky
It was the tremors in the air
that brought me to my knees;
and brought to tears, when I witnessed
words that shook the seas.

Then the waves of black retreated
restfully in tune,
and I caught a passing chance to grieve
beneath a rosewhite moon
The words recapitulated
and then they came to cease,
and when I’d grieved sufficiently,
I knew their final peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment