Sunday, September 16, 2012

For A Journey Complete

Every step was a journey 
And every footprint 
A story 
There are words in the valleys 
Between the grooves 
Left by my treads 
Microscopic 
They dance with bacteria 
Infectious, the both 
But words can't slip 
Into a narrow mind 

As my journey continued 
I found it was easier 
To escape your shadow 
Than your footprints 
My shadow waned with the light 
But I always had feet 
And there was always ground 

As my journey continued 
The trail stretched behind 
Regardless of the direction 
I chose to walk 
My journey grew 

As my journey continued 
I would rest when my feet ached 
And I would sleep when 
The ache was in my head 
And I would eat when 
The ache was in my stomach 
When the ache was in my heart 
I wept 
But the ache remained 
When I'd covered the trail with my footprint 
And all my steps were stepped 
The ache subsided 
My heart ached 
For a journey complete 

No comments:

Post a Comment