Sunday, September 16, 2012

Unsung Emotion of A Mind Undone

Painfully numb, unsung emotion of a mind undone 
Denied feeling under the guise of healing 
Thoughts concealed from myself 
Do I pull back the curtain to 
peer through the window 
that shines the light of my 
mind into the room? 
Or will I look out to see a wretched scene 
and wish I’d never opened the shades? 
Am I ashamed of my own ideas or scared? 
Morbid curiosity 
like a burn in the mouth you incessantly tongue 
One ton of thought presses down 
on the left side of my brain 
another on the right 
Enticing to open the box to my thoughts 
but self-control is a virtue 
As is patience, maybe one day 
I can uncover my thoughts 
and not be bothered 
But for now I shake as my hand approaches 
then detracts 
Only when I sleep 
does the box burst open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment